Head of Projects
Assignment ID VV854
The Company:Our client is a well established and leading consumer orientated Catering and Hospitality business providing a variety of facilities and accommodation. A number of popular franchised brands are located at their sites and they also have a number of their own brand offerings.
The business has been at the forefront of innovation in the sector, pioneering the introduction of High Street brands and developing strong, successful partnerships with their Franchisors.
The business was acquired earlier this year by one of the largest investors in the UK who are supporting current initiatives as well as investing further in their sites, facilities and partnerships with a number of UK’s most popular brands.
The Position:The Head of Projects will primarily be responsible for managing the end to end delivery of infrastructure, Capital investment and refurbishment projects from conception through to completion for our clients.
Reporting to the Property Development Director in this pivotal newly created role, the Head of Projects will manage a wide range of Stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of a c£15m annual capital budget across multiple projects within tight timescales, adhering to all legislative compliance and Franchise approvals. A Development Coordinator will be a direct report.
The key responsibilities for the role are split out below into each of our clients core Factors.
|Problem Solving Responsibilities|
|Autonomy and Decision Making Responsibilities|
|Other Job holder Responsibilities|
The Candidate Specification:Candidates are likely to be performing a similar client side role within a Catering/Hospitality, Hotel, Retail or Franchisee led environment.
The ideal Candidate:
- Are likely to have Project Management, Construction, Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying qualifications.
- Must have a minimum of five years relevant experience of managing new and refurbishment projects.
- Should ideally have some exposure to Civils – vehicle parking, building construction and services provision etc.
- Have an interest in technology digitisation and potential Electric Vehicle Infrastructure enabling.
- Should demonstrate an interest and exposure to energy efficiency, carbon zero and sustainability improvements etc.
- Must have the ability to manage all projects from inception to completion and deliver them to strict time, cost and quality parameters.
- Must be able to work effectively on their own and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to manage, motivate and inspire multi-disciplinary external teams as well as work closely with internal Stakeholders.
- Should be technically astute and commercially aware with a strong cost and delivery focus.
- Must be familiar with all Statutory and Health & Safety Legislation and requirements etc.
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels.
- Have good IT skills.
The Location:One/two days a week in our clients Head Office with the remainder working on site/from home.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Car/Car Allowance, Bonus, Private Health Cover, Pension, Life Assurance and 25 days holiday.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.