Head Of Property Development
Assignment ID VV840
The Company:Our client is one of the UK’s leading leisure operators.
To maximise value from its property assets, this is an exciting newly created role with scope and backing to make a positive impact and contribution.
The Position:The Head of Property Development will primarily be responsible for overseeing and managing every aspect of the development process from cradle to grave including site appraisal and acquisition to planning and construction right through to delivery, sale and leasing.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Identifying value enhancing development opportunities within the estate
- Undertaking feasibility viability analysis and appraisals and brokering deals
- Managing and negotiating 3rd party agreements
- Preparing, reviewing and presenting development appraisals; profit forecasting, business plans, programmes, reporting and funding requests etc.
- Managing and motivating multi-disciplinary Consultant Development teams
- Managing joint-ventures, Development Agreements and Funding Agreements
- Overseeing design, planning applications and Section 106 negotiations
- Taking a high level view of contracts, construction and procurement processes etc.
- Presenting and leading public consultation events
The Candidate Profile:
- Degree and MRICS qualified (preferably P&D route) with at least 5-10 years PQE
- Proven track record of delivering development schemes from initial negotiations, feasibility and planning through delivery to leasing and sales
- Experience of mixed use developments, residential and leisure
- A self-starter, highly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and driven to achieve high standards and results
- A lateral and forward thinker, able to originate and work up ideas and problem solve
- The ability to assess and understand legal documents including construction contracts, leases, planning and professional appointments
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written format; able to facilitate clear, concise and timely communication amongst others
- An effective team player who can work collaboratively
- An entrepreneurial streak
- Resilience, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Results driven with an eye for detail
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercially astute
- Established network of contacts
The Location:The role is Field Based and will entail travel throughout the UK.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, car allowance, bonus, pension, private health etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package, reflecting
our client’s determination to appoint a First Class Candidate.
It is our Policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.