Assignment ID VV837
The Company:Our Client is a leading independent Casual Dining Company operating multiple brands and operates restaurant sites in a variety of locations including leisure parks, shopping centres, high streets and airports throughout the UK.
In addition to their UK operations, they are also selectively expanding internationally through franchise partnerships.
An Estates Manager is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Property Director – he/she will primarily be responsible for managing and overseeing the core estate management functions within the business to maximise retail opportunities and ensure that the fixed property costs are effectively managed within this fast paced and market leading business. In addition, the Estates Manager will oversee and minimise contingent liability exposure and mitigate risk.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Key stakeholder in the provision and management of fixed cost budgets of rent, service charge and business rates within the portfolio. Maintain strong alignment with management accounts.
- Manage the performance of rent review, service charge and rating consultants.
- Control the lease expiry reporting and liaise with management to agree strategy and outcome for sites with short unexpired terms and share awareness of sites at risk of redevelopment.
- Co-ordinate the response to dilapidation and notice of repairs, instructing the facilities team and external surveyors to reduce cost.
- Provide support and advice to the Development team on the capital investment program of core estate refurbishments and lead discussions with Landlords and managing agents concerning the approval process and prospective re-gear opportunities.
- Manage the disposal of non-core restaurants and mitigate contingent liability concerns.
- Manage the mixed use sub-let estate comprising shops, restaurants, bars and flats with an income of £1m p.a. identifying development opportunities to maximise income.
- Provide support and advice on general day to day property matters to operational colleagues and the restaurant teams identifying sales growth opportunities.
The Candidate Profile:Ideally RICS qualified Estates professional with a minimum of three years post qualified experience in a multi-site leisure/retail client side sector.
They will also consider recently qualified Surveyors or those that are not qualified but who have at least five years relevant experience or those working in leisure retail private practice.
The other key attributes sought are:-
- a confident, personable, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- someone who can work independently as well as part of a small team
- a good negotiator who is commercially astute
- a people person with strong communication skills at all levels
- a well organised person who is able to adopt a systematic and flexible approach to work
- have good IT skills – Microsoft Office packages – proficient in Word & Excel as well as Powerpoint
- the ability to achieve and provide a high quality service
- have a strong desire for continuous improvement
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary. Bonus of up to 35%, family private health cover, pension, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, discount vouchers and 50% , car etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our Clients determination to appoint a First Class Candidate.
It is our Policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.