Assignment ID VV833
The Company:Our Client is one of the largest independent restaurant groups in the country operating branded restaurants, pubs as well as concessions in major airports.
An outstanding Project Manager is now being sought to support the continuing and accelerating opening programme across our Client’s brands.
The Position:Reporting to the Head of Development, the Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of new and major refurbishment Capital projects either directly or through approved consultants, ensuring that the brands integrity is maintained, budgets not exceeded, and projects are built on time and to the requisite quality standards.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Effectively managing and motivating external consultants and contractors and ensuring that projects are delivered within set targets.
- Preparing scheme proposals with budget costings and programme for approval for new restaurants and refurbishments.
- Delivering all projects to agreed programme and controlling costs to achieve at or under budget final accounts.
- Liaising closely with the Acquisitions team, Estates function, Operations, Finance internally and Contractors, Consultants, & Equipment Suppliers etc externally.
- Value engineering proposed specifications to reduce costs without imparting on the brands image.
- Minimising closure of trading restaurants during capital works.
- Visiting sites to monitor progress, check work is to quality standards, resolve issues and endeavour to ensure health & safety requirements are practised.
- Regularly reporting and monitoring on the status of all projects.
- Handing over projects on completion to Operations snag free.
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to be performing a similar role with a multi-site retail (A1) or leisure operator (A3), or retail/leisure property consultancy.
The ideal candidates:-
- Are likely to have a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Concessions experience would be useful but not necessary.
- Should have a professional/technical qualification but this is not a pre-requisite.
- Must have the ability to think outside the traditional box and be versatile in their approach.
- Must have commercial awareness and strong cost focus.
- Will be confident self-starters with a can do attitude.
- Have good communication skills at all levels.
- Should be familiar with statutory legislation and Health & Safety requirements.
- Have the ability to manage, motivate and inspire consultants, contractors and suppliers to optimise their performance.
- Must be able to deliver projects to strict time, cost and quality parameters.
- Must be well organised, able to prioritise and results oriented.
- Have good IT skills.
The Location:Field based. The Project Manager is likely to spend three days a week on average out of the office and travel extensively with occasional nights spent away from home. One – two days a month are likely to be spent at the Head Office in London.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive and competitive base salary, bonus (up to 20%), car allowance, pension, private health, discounts, 25 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.