Development Director/Senior Development Manager - London & South East
Assignment ID VV832
The Company:Our client engages in commercial property development in the United Kingdom and develops properties for office, retail, leisure, education, mixed development, health, law and order, defence, industrial, residential and transport sectors. It will also undertake some student accommodation and build to rent schemes, and will also consider JV’s.
It is currently delivering market leading buildings in prime locations at the forefront of sustainability and technological advances, providing buildings that both tenants and investors want.
The company is part of a successful European Construction Group and its mission is to build sustainable environments that enhance people’s lives by enabling the right people to capitalise on state-of-the-art knowledge, resources and digital technologies, providing solutions across the total construction life cycle for Group’s clients and generating maximum value for its stakeholders.
Our client is seeing encouraging levels of demand in the South of England for commercial developments with good access to main air and rail transport routes and they combine property development, design, construction and sustainability expertise to create sustainable buildings that are attractive to occupiers and create value for investors.
An outstanding Development Director/Senior Development Manager is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to either the Managing Director or Development Director (depending on seniority) this is a key role within our client’s national network representing and promoting the business in London and South East region.
He/she will primarily be responsible for:-
- Identifying and securing new development opportunities in London and SE region.
- Acquisition of buildings and sites for development, letting and onward sale although may also on occasion require forming partnerships.
- Negotiating commercially attractive site acquisitions – this is the bedrock of the role.
- Taking ownership of the development projects from initial concept and preparation of business cases, securing planning consents through to letting and sale.
- Working closely with project management and construction colleagues internally as well as building close relationships with a small, highly skilled and motivated team.
- Managing letting and investment agents activities in connection with potential occupiers and sale transactions and lead in negotiations with tenants and purchasers.
- Mature engagement with occupiers and purchasers – this is key to success.
- Provision of advice to other businesses within the Group with respect to their property needs.
The Candidate Profile:We are seeking to appoint a candidate that is operating at the leading edge of Property Development.
He/she will ideally have a Degree and/or will be a Chartered Surveyor with extensive property experience, preferably gained in a corporate/development – investment agency environment.
- Be technically proficient and commercial astute.
- Be a self-starter and capable of working on his/her own initiative, but equally at home performing as part of a wider team with central support.
- Have solid understanding and experience of the whole property life cycle from site identification, appraisal, planning, funding, letting and sale.
- Enthusiastic, highly self-motivated, measured and grounded.
- Have well established property market contacts throughout the London and South East region.
- Have well developed communication and presentation skills.
- Have an entrepreneurial streak with the ability to nurture and develop key relationships at all levels.
- Have presence, integrity and a high level of energy and desire to succeed.
- Be results driven, robust and mature with good judgement.
The Location:Ideally London based but with flexibility to operate from other locations in the South East region.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, bonus, car/car allowance, pension, private health, 25 days holiday and other benefits etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.