HEAD OF MAINTENANCE & FACILITIES
Assignment ID VV813
The Company:Our client is an award winning and leading casual dining restaurant operator in its field with ambitious plans to expand its estate further both in the UK and internationally.
An outstanding Head of Maintenance & Facilities is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the newly appointed Group Property Director, the Head of Maintenance & Facilities will primarily be responsible for the delivery of a well maintained environment for guests and teams in restaurants; provide a customer focussed Facilities Management service for the existing estate and manage small works projects.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Developing and implementing a reactive maintenance and preventative maintenance programme.
- Monitoring individual projects including small works (projects up to £50k including minor refurbs).
- Utilising Pronett to manage contractors that meet company requirements.
- Develop and control budgets for planned, reactive and minor works spend.
- Agreeing rates and service level agreements with all contractors.
- Management of regional maintenance support.
- Managing the in house system from work being logged through to sign off of work completed.
- Efficient allocation of labour and resource to the work required.
- Ensuring all work, maintenance and small works are in line with brand design standards.
- Providing management reports and KPI reports to the business.
- Ensuring planned maintenance visits and statutory testing is in place.
- Managing the condition survey assessment of the estate and life cycle modelling.
- Management of contracts, including restaurant cleaning, energy management, NFRS procurement and furniture.
- Ensuring all invoices are raised on time.
- Developing relationships with operations team.
- Creating an environment of customer service.
- Providing the correct resource within budget.
- Ensuring that service level agreements are met.
The Candidate Profile:The Head of Maintenance & Facilities should ideally have a technical qualification and/or be a member of BIFM etc.
- Have previous experience in facilities management in a hospitality or retail, FMCG environment.
- Have an understanding of food hygiene regulations.
- Understanding of the construction industry.
- Implementation of best practice systems.
- Working with cad drawings.
- Experience of Pronett or similar system.
- A passion for our clients ethos and style with an eye for detail.
- Strong IT skills.
- An ability to manage and build confidence with internal and external partners through outstanding communication skills.
- Able to work flexibly according to the needs of the business.
- An ability to work proactively with a strong desire for continuous improvement within the operation.
- The ability to use their own initiative and develop new processes, systems and way of working etc.
The Location:The Head of Maintenance & Facilities will operate from our clients head office in London as well as in the field as and when required.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, bonus scheme between 20% - 30%, car allowance of £6,125, family private health, pension (6% co contribution), Income protection cover, 25 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Remuneration Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.