GROUP PROPERTY DIRECTOR
Assignment ID VV807
The Company:Our client is a highly successful, reputable and leading casual dining group.
As a key member of the Executive Committee, the Group Property Director will play a pivotal role in developing the business and its brands and provide sound strategic and commercial property advice to the Executive Committee and Board.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional to develop, motivate and manage a multi-disciplinary team as well as having accountability for the entire property function from acquisitions to estates and facilities management, development, design etc.
The Position:Reporting to the CEO, The Group Property Director will primarily be responsible for:-
- Executing and delivering a profitable and innovative property strategy to successfully roll out our client’s brands in the UK & Ireland that will enhance business performance and drive the growth of the company.
- Working closely with the Board, and the Executive Committee to lead and develop a strategy which includes growth of existing brands, and also new formats (through either acquisition or build out), plus possible international expansion.
- Managing a multi-million pound Capex budget, minimising ongoing property occupation costs through successful completion of rent reviews, lease renewals, rating appeals and occupancy costs reviews, supported by the development of landlord relationships and leasehold risk management.
- Building, nurturing and developing strong relationships and a pipeline of available sites to purchase with Agents, Landlords, Developers, Institutions and other leisure and retail operators etc., including portfolios on and off the market.
- Conducting negotiations for site acquisitions to agree best possible terms and managing the entire process to lease signing.
- Leading legal negotiations with external solicitors and dealing with planning and licensing and appropriate authorities ensuring deadlines are met.
- Reviewing, developing and implementing appropriate processes to meet profit and business plan targets.
- Managing the conflicts between time, cost and quality to ensure a strong performance is achieved in all of these.
- Nurturing and building strong working relationships internally with operational and other functional colleagues to ensure that property is perceived as a value adding business partner.
- Overseeing & managing the development of an effective network of alliance partners for Acquisitions, Estates and Facilities Management, Development, Design, Legals, etc.
- Regularly reviewing competitors’ activity and advising the Board of all relevant trends and developments in the Casual Dining and Leisure sectors.
- Contributing as a member of the Executive Committee to the overall strategy of the business and undertaking any tasks, responsibilities or assignments upon request from the CEO/Board.
The Candidate Profile:We are seeking to appoint Candidates who are operating at the leading edge of casual dining/leisure/licensed or retail property.
Candidates are likely to have a Degree with an appropriate professional/property qualification, coupled with at least ten years relevant experience at a senior level, with an Acquisitions bias or someone with significant exposure to large and complex property portfolios.
He/she must provide real evidence of achievement in a similar function and practical experience of delivering rapid expansion through organic growth and/or acquisition.
The other key attributes sought are:-
- Excellent geographical knowledge of London and the South East and UK & Ireland, other major towns & cities and local High Streets and market towns etc.
- Experience of managing the entire acquisition process from site finding, negotiation, purchase, legal, planning and licensing processes etc.
- Experience of proactively managing the Acquisitions, Estates, Development, FM & Design functions.
- A person who provides leadership with vision and passion coupled with well developed team management and motivational skills.
- Must have the intellect, commercial instinct, record of career achievement securing deals and influencing through extensive networks.
- Team oriented, strategic thinker and leader who is customer focused.
- Will have the ability to communicate clearly at a senior level, internally and externally, and possess good presentation skills and gravitas.
- Personally robust and mature, assertive, quick witted with good judgement.
- Ambitious to promote property as a valued contributor to the group.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, numerate and IT literate.
- Empathy for the branded restaurant/leisure sector.
- Good organisation skills and able to cope with a pressurised workload, conflicting demands and time constraints with the ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Ability to influence through extensive networks.
- Proactive, with a high level of energy, tenacity and commitment.
The Location:Field based. The Group Property Director will travel extensively as and when required.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:An attractive and competitive base salary, bonus, management equity plan, mileage allowance, pension, life assurance cover, private health etc.
The above are principal elements in a comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.