Head Of Estates
Assignment ID VV847
The Company:Our client, is one of the leading Operators in the UK Casual Dining Market operating a number of well respected brands and is seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Estates.
The Position:He/She will report to the Group Property Director and will have overall responsibility for the Estate Management of over 250 trading and non trading sites spread across the UK. They will also have a significant role to play in the future success of the Brands and the overall Group.
The Head of Estates will lead and manage the Estate Management function for the two trading divisions, liaising directly with the Divisional MD’s and other Senior members of the wider Group. Primarily responsible for all aspects of the management of the Property Estate, delivering a highly effective and commercial service to the Group.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Proactive estate planning to track all lease events and provide high quality strategic advice to the business taking into account a wide range of commercial factors.
- Manage all lease change events – lease renewals/break notices/rent reviews including the ongoing management of a variety of external Consultants.
- Management of the ongoing disposal activity across the business – both leasehold and freehold sites – providing high quality valuation advice and commercial recommendations and the coordination and management of external Disposal Agents and Consultants.
- Overall management of property fixed costs including rent, service charges and insurance – providing periodic budget information, initiatives to reduce ongoing spend and overseeing the payment process with the Finance Teams.
- Proactive management of the external Business Rate Surveyors – leading all initiatives to reduce overall rating costs.
- Coordinating the response to dilapidations and notices of repair, instructing external specialist Surveyors to act on the Company’s behalf.
- Provide high quality property advice to each of the Divisions as part of an annual estates review process helping shape future capital investment programmes and ongoing strategic planning.
- Working with an external Agency to manage a small estate of non trading sublet properties including both commercial and residential units.
- Manage the relationship with all external Estate Management Consultants including Property Solicitors and other Consulting Surveyors.
- Coordination of all post CVA activities including the ongoing surrender of non trading sites and the coordination with the relevant Stakeholders and the ongoing strategic planning through to the exit of the CVA in June 2022.
- An Estates Assistant and a number of external Property Consultants will support the Head of Estates.
The Candidate Profile: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):For this position, we are seeking to appoint Candidates who are ideally Qualified Chartered Surveyors and who have a track record of successfully acquiring sites within the casual dining/restaurant pub market or with a leisure agency/retail organisation. A3 experience is desirable but not essential.
The ideal Candidate:
- Must have proven and relevant occupier estate management skills and be educated to Degree level and ideally have an MRICS or other similar professional qualification.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar Estates Management role.
- Will have the ability to communicate effectively throughout the business and be able to offer advice which is accurate, practical and balances the needs of the business with the commercial factors at play.
- Open and approachable and be willing to take ownership of key priorities and be flexible to adapt to a changing environment and business needs.
- Have a positive outlook and be willing to fully engage with both the Property team and across the wider business.
- Be well connected into the property market and have a genuine interest in hospitality and a customer focussed environment.
- Be able to work on their own initiative and at the same time know when to ask for help and advice.
- Comfortable to work at pace and be challenged.
- Have well developed communication and presentation skills.
- Be results driven and technically competent.
Company Values/Personal Attributes:Make it Magic
Has a positive can-do attitude and is committed to delivering the highest quality of service for our Team members and Guests.
Keep it Fresh
Challenges the way things are done, takes a creative approach and has a keen interest in the business, and its industry.
Adapts easily in a changing, fast paced environment, has the ability to work flexibly under pressure and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency.
Takes personal responsibility, has a proactive approach and strives to deliver great results.
Do it Together
Has the ability to lead and positively influence at all levels, works collaboratively with others and is fun to be around.
The Location:The Head of Estates will be Field/Home based and will operate from the Head Office in London as required. The person will also need to be flexible to travel Nationwide, with occasional nights away from home.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Bonus (30%), Car Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance x 4, Private Health, Discounts, Group Income Protection, Share Save Scheme and 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.