Head Of Project Management
Assignment ID VV850
The Company:Our client is a Flexible Space provider offering flexibility around both licensing and workspace solutions and is part of a larger Group.
It has two principal brands and operates over a million square feet of space in prime London locations as well as other towns and cities in the UK.
The business has exciting plans to grow its flexible office space both in London and The Regions.
The Position:Reporting to the Property Director, the new Head of Project Management will be predominantly responsible for delivery of NCO’s (New Centre Openings) from feasibility stage through to opening and for Capex upgrade projects across the existing estate. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all projects are delivered:
- with a clear business objective
- on time
- to budget
- to the agreed quality, delivering value for all stakeholders
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with key stakeholders to innovate and develop the designs for our client’s two brands.
- Preparing feasibility proposals with design, budget costings and programme for approval for new centres and refurbishments.
- Value engineering proposed specifications to reduce costs without impacting on the overall client experience and their interaction with the ‘finished product’.
- Ongoing knowledge of the key contractors, designers and consultants in the sector to ensure our clients have a trusted panel of contractors and consultants to partner with on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the tender process to ensure our clients are getting best design and value from the market.
- Effectively motivating and managing external contractors and consultants and ensuring that the projects are delivered to set targets.
- Regularly reporting on the status of all projects by visiting sites and resolving issues etc.
- Liaising closely with the Executive leadership team, Operation team, IT, FM, Estates and finance teams internally and Contractors, Consultants, Equipment Suppliers etc externally.
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are practised and statutory requirements are met.
- Minimising the impact to centres during capital works.
- Delivering all projects to agreed, programme, quality, and cost parameters.
- Handing over projects on completion to Operations snag free.
- An FM Manager will report to the Head of Project Management.
The Person Specification:Candidates are likely to be performing a similar role with background in construction and fit out – offices, hospitality and leisure, retail or commercial.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Should have a technical/professional qualification.
- Is likely to have at least five years relevant experience of managing both new and refurbishment projects.
- Must have commercial awareness with a strong cost focus.
- Must be self sufficient and able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team.
- Should be pragmatic with a can do attitude, well organised and be able to plan and prioritise their workload.
- Must be a good communicator at all levels.
- Should be familiar with statutory legislation and Health & Safety requirements.
- Must have the ability to motivate, manage and inspire Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers etc.
- Must be able to deliver all projects to strict time, cost and quality parameters.
- Have good IT skills.
- Will be flexible to work the hours and travel where required.
The Location:London - with travel to projects in London and throughout the UK.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Bonus, Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance, Private Health etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate. It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.