International Franchise Recruitment Director
Assignment ID VV844
The Company:Our Client is an expanding and ambitious fast casual dining operator with the potential to become one of the most successful Food Franchises in the World. They have exploded onto the market earning plaudits as their restaurant footprint continues to grow throughout the Globe.
An experienced and outstanding International Franchise Recruitment Director is now being sought in this business critical role.
The Position:Reporting to the Group Franchise Director Global with dotted line responsibility to the Group CEO, the International Franchise Recruitment Director will primarily be responsible for leading the international growth of our clients brand in new markets by identifying, recruiting, evaluating and selecting appropriate Master Franchise Partners who are capable of multi-unit franchise development. Additionally, they will manage all business development activities from initial contact through to structuring Development Agreements and closing deals. The International Franchise Recruitment Director will make efficient and effective use of leads generated from their existing networks, franchise marketing channels, referrals and industry sources etc. They will offer continuous support to Masters to ensure the overall success of the Franchisor as well as the Master.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Own full life cycle of identifying Master Franchisees, from initial contact to qualification and close. The type of Masters required will most likely come from a Corporate background in F& B and Retail. Other candidates will likely come from Private Equity Groups as well as Venture Capital Groups
- Eagerly seek out and identify Master Franchisee candidates via sales – phone, networking, referrals, social media, road shows (conferences and networking events etc) and Lead Generation marketing partners
- Screen potential Master Franchisees by analyzing investment requirements, Master Franchisee potential, and financials as well as experience and vision
- Finalise the deal with Master Franchisees by negotiating terms and conditions of each Master Franchise Agreement
- Build relationships with Master Franchisee candidates as a trusted adviser, the relationship should develop and help to support further expansion with additional territory and stores. The aim to be the “go to” person for advice and support to expand their portfolios.
- Strategically prioritise activities to optimise recruiting efforts and associated business cases for priority growth markets
- Collaborate internally to assess marketing efforts as they relate to Lead Generation
- Strategically plan and participate in relevant Franchise industry conventions
- Prepare and execute the marketing strategy for Company’s Master opportunities
- Develop the annual budget for Franchise Development, monitoring and ensuring that budgets are met
- Launching and development of the Franchise Partners as per the agreed terms and conditions
- Franchise legal responsibilities – manage Franchise Agreement renewals, fee/payment collection, development schedule and keep Franchise Agreements up to date with current legislation
- Adherence to corporate policies
- Attending regular meetings internally either face to face or via conference calls
- Regular reporting of key performance indicators
- Operate within budgeted expenditure
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly reviews
- Adaptation of Group culture
- Maintain relationships with other members of our clients Business Management Unit.
The Candidate Profile:Suitable Candidates are likely to have a Degree level or equivalent qualification.
Other key attributes sought are:
- At least 5-10 years relevant performance based European/International Franchising Recruiting and Business Development experience and expertise
- must have excellent understanding of Franchise business fundamentals, unit-level operations, Franchise best practices and ideal Franchise owners, their businesses and the ability to match Master Franchisees’ requirements with Franchisor’s vision
- a proven track record within the F & B and Retail sectors preferably within a corporate international environment
- will have to demonstrate success driving Franchise recruiting strategy and have a well developed network of relevant contacts
- should have an entrepreneurial streak as well as an analytical, critical thinking and business problem solving mindset
- must be commercially astute with strong negotiation and deal-making skills with demonstrated success in managing and growing a business
- will be a confident and results driven achiever who thrives on pressure and is also able to think strategically
- should have strong financial acumen and ability to influence at the highest levels of an organisation
- an approachable and credible communication style, both verbally and written, to keep all levels of the organisation informed and engaged
- have the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships both externally and internally
- must be tenacious with a high level of energy and commitment
- flexibility to work the hours required and travel extensively
- must be IT literate
The Location:Ideally UK based but with extensive travel in International Markets. European candidates will also be considered.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, car allowance, bonus - incentivised to close and secure new deals, pension etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our Client’s determination to appoint a First Class Candidate.
It is our Policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.