HEAD OF CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT
Assignment ID VV812
The Company:Our client is an award winning and leading casual dining restaurant operator in its field with ambitious plans to expand the estate further both in the UK and internationally.
An outstanding Head of Construction & Development is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the newly appointed Group Property Director, the Head of Construction & Development will primarily be responsible for contributing positively to the success of our client by leading new restaurant developments and managing restaurant refurbishments across the entire estate in the UK. Depending on the pace of growth, they may also contribute to the development and roll out of the brand in USA.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring a well-defined strategic plan for new restaurant openings and refurbishment is implemented.
- Managing all aspects of new restaurants and refurbishment programme to support our client’s rapid and profitable growth.
- Managing a team of project managers and external contractors to maintain our client experience for customers and employees.
- Overseeing creation of project development budgets for restaurants construction
- Participating in the development of design objectives to meet company objectives of appearance, quality, quantity and costs
- Planning and managing new build processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with our client’s business goals and objectives.
- Preparing, communicating and educating internal and external stakeholders and property team on changes in policies and practices within the business.
- Providing tools necessary to accomplish and measure property team goals and objectives.
- Working with wider property team to secure and compile a strategy consistent with our client’s expansion strategy.
- Establishing consistent communication within the property team and company.
- Implementing processes and managing reduction of restaurant costs as they relate to construction pre-opening and possession dates.
- Meeting our client’s financial objectives for restaurants performance and average restaurants costs.
- Overseeing all new restaurants development across the UK.
- Participating in existing and new market analysis.
- Participating in site selection, design, construction and operational turnover of new restaurants.
- Providing input for growth for the department and the company.
- Challenging and inspiring project managers to achieve business objectives.
- Implementing on-going development of the property team.
- Providing coaching, direction and leadership support to project management team.
- Executing the national strategy and programmes to deliver our client expansion objectives.
- Setting and maintaining clear guidelines for new restaurant openings.
The Candidate Profile:The Head of Construction & Development will ideally have a technical qualification coupled with a proven and successful track record in leisure/retail property construction programme management and multi-site roll out delivery.
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills and be a self starter.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in written form.
- Have strong strategic vision and be able to operate in a robust environment with a challenging collaborative culture.
- Well developed presentation skills.
- Should be inclusive, open to change and have a sense of humour.
- Have significant knowledge of new restaurant/retail project management, including estimates, contract negotiations etc.
- Have knowledge of design and construction processes and the ability to deliver to time, cost and quality.
- The ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes.
- The ability to build relationships across the business with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Have knowledge of construction costs and budgeting.
- Be able to manage, motivate, develop and inspire both internal and external teams.
- Be able to work under pressure and deadlines and deliver results.
- He technically competent and commercially astute.
- Be familiar with statutory legislation and health and safety requirements.
The Location:The Head of Construction & Development will operate from our client’s head office in London as well as in the field as and when required.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, bonus scheme (up to 30%), car allowance of £6,125, family private health, pension (6% co contribution), Income protection cover, 25 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Remuneration Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.