SENIOR ACQUISITIONS MANAGER
Assignment ID VV818
The Company:Our client is a very successful, award winning and leading casual dining operator in its field with ambitious plans to further expand its estate both in the UK and internationally.
The Position:Reporting to the Head of Acquisitions in this newly created role, the Senior Acquisitions Manager will primarily be responsible for identifying and acquiring suitable new restaurant sites and taking these proposed sites through the acquisition, legal, planning and post exchange\completion phases. The Senior Acquisitions Manager must ensure that the quality of new sites enhances profitability, business performance and drives the growth of the company.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Working closely with the Property Director and the Board to develop and implement the expansion strategy.
- Identifying and negotiating potential new sites working closely with Agents, Developers and Landlords etc to deliver acquisitions aligned to the Property strategy.
- Appraising and conducting negotiations for site acquisitions to agree best possible terms and meet budgeted growth rates and hurdle rates of return and manage the entire process through to lease signing.
- Managing legal negotiations with Solicitors and dealing with planning and licensing and other appropriate authorities ensuring deadlines are met.
- Building and developing key relationships with Landlords, Developers, Agents etc and the wider leisure, restaurant and retail property marketplace and promoting our client’s requirements.
- Managing budgets and minimising occupancy costs to ensure outstanding value.
- Work closely with the Construction Development, Estates and FM Functions etc internally.
- Link location planning strategy work with customer insights research to help understand the needs and wants of the customer.
- Ensure that the brand proposition is maintained and enhanced through new property.
- Advising on relevant trends and developments in the casual dining\leisure sector.
- Undertaking any other tasks, responsibilities or assignments upon request from the Property Director\Head of Acquisitions.
Externally, the Senior Acquisitions Manager will work closely with Agents, Developers, Landlords, Shopping Centre Operators, Lawyers, Licensing Specialists, other Leisure & Retail companies, Planners & Local Authorities etc.
The Candidate Profile:For this position we are seeking to appoint candidates who are ideally Qualified Chartered Surveyors and who have a track record of successfully acquiring sites within the casual dining/restaurant pub market or within a retail organisation. A3 experience is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate:-
- Must have good knowledge of the London and South East leisure/retail marketplace in particular plus the regions and an established network of contacts within agents, developers, landlords and other leisure\retail companies etc.
- Must have strong commercial focus with the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships both internally and externally.
- Should be highly self motivated, competitive and target driven.
- Should be experienced in managing the entire acquisitions process from site finding, negotiation, purchase, legal and licensing processes etc.
- Must be tenacious with a high level of commitment and energy.
- Must be capable of managing, organising and prioritising their own workload, be self-motivated and work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills with the ability to close deals and work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Proactive with a high level of tenacity, energy and commitment.
- Should be IT literate.
The Location:The Senior Acquisitions Manager will operate from the head office in Central London and will need to be flexible and travel where required.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:An attractive and competitive base salary, bonus, of up to 30%, car allowance of £6125 p.a, pension, family private medical, income protection, discounts, 25 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in a comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.