PUB ACQUISITIONS MANAGER (SOUTH)
Assignment ID VV822
The Company:Our Client is a leading leisure company, operating both branded restaurants and pub restaurants.
They want to further grow their award winning pub estate throughout the UK and are now seeking to appoint a Pub Acquisitions Manager (South).
The Position:Reporting to the Group Property Director and working closely with the Pub Division MD, the Pub Acquisitions Manager (South) will primarily be responsible for supporting the acquisition of new sites for the Pubs Division in the South of the target area ensuring that the quality of new venues enhances profitability, business performance and drives the growth of the company.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Working closely with the Group Property Director, and other.
- Property team members including the Pubs Project Manager, Managing Director – Pubs Division, Finance, Retained Agents, Lawyers, Developers etc.
- Evaluating and presenting sites to the Board for approval.
- Conducting negotiations for the site acquisitions to agree best possible terms and managing the entire process to lease signing/purchase.
- Legal negotiations with external Solicitors to ensure deadlines are met.
- Managing and motivating property agents.
- Building and developing relationships with the wider property market and promoting our client’s Pub requirements.
- Advising on relevant trends and developments in the property market and reviewing competitor activity.
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to be Graduate Chartered Surveyors with at least five years post qualification experience and performing a similar role within a pubs or property consultancy environment.
The ideal candidate:-
- Should be self motivated and target driven, with a hungry can-do attitude.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and be a proactive and enthusiastic team player.
- Have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Should have a high level of energy, tenacity, commitment and commercial acumen.
- A good understanding of the UK particularly the South with a network of established contacts.
- Sound negotiation skills, financially astute coupled with experience of effectively managing property and legal processes.
- Should be IT literate
- Must be able to think creatively and problem solve.
The Location:Field based with a requirement to work from the Pub Division office or Head Office, where appropriate and occasional nights spent away from home.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive Base Salary, bonus (based equally upon the overall performance of the Company and meeting team objectives), plus an individual bonus payment for every pub opening and an additional bonus if the cumulative Acquisitions team target is achieved; generous car allowance with option to opt out; contributory pension; family private health cover; permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service schemes; 25 days holiday and 33% discount on meals and drinks at Group restaurants etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.