MAINTENANCE & FM MANAGER
Assignment ID VV825
The Company:Our client is a renowned business operating restaurants across London and the UK.
A competent and capable Maintenance & FM Manager is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Property Director with dotted line responsibility to the Executive Operations Director and Finance Director in this newly created role.
He/she will primarily be responsible for the management and development of the Maintenance & FM function to ensure that our client’s estate remains in good repair, is statutory compliant and that there are tight controls on budgets and enhanced service quality and delivery.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Manage, develop and implement a PPM and reactive maintenance programme.
- Utilise the Pronett system to produce reports and track Contractors etc.
- Proactively manage all Planned and Reactive Contracts for the estate and assess and review Contractor performance etc.
- Manage and control budgets.
- Set and monitor KPI’s and SLA’s with agreed schedule of rates etc.
- Ensure planned maintenance visits and statutory testing is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with Operations personnel at all levels.
- Create an environment of enhanced customer service.
- Ensure all invoices are raised on time.
- Ensure that the estate is compliant with Health & Safety Regulations and conduct Audits and Risk Assessments where appropriate.
- Manage the condition survey assessment of the estate and life cycle modelling.
- Enhance processes and systems and work closely with other Property team members.
The Candidate Profile:For the Maintenance & FM Manager position candidates are likely to be performing a similar role with a multisite restaurant, leisure or retail operator or a leisure\retail FM service type of provider.
He\She should have at least five years relevant experience and ideally a technical qualification and\or be a member of BIFM etc.
The ideal candidates should:-
- Have good knowledge or understanding of Statutory, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations.
- Have experience of Pronett or a similar system.
- Be technically competent and commercially astute.
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Be highly customer focused and be able to achieve and provide a quality service to tight deadlines.
- Able to work flexibly according to the needs of the business.
- An ability to work proactively with a strong desire for continuous improvement within the operation.
- Have good IT skills.
The Location:Half of the time in the Head Office in London and the remainder out.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, performance related bonus, mileage allowance, pension, life assurance, private health, discounts etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.