SENIOR ACQUISITIONS MANAGER
Assignment ID VV823
The Company:Our client is a renowned business operating restaurants across London and the UK.
An outstanding Senior Acquisitions Manager is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Property Director in this newly created role the Senior Acquisitions Manager will primarily be responsible for identifying and acquiring new sites for our client across all their restaurants with a focus on London and the key surrounding locations.
He/She will take these proposed sites through the acquisitions, legal, planning and post exchange and completion phases as per agreed budgets and ensure that the quality of new sites enhances profitability, business performance and drives the growth of the company.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Working closely with the Property Director and Senior Management to develop and implement the expansion strategy.
- Working closely with Developers, Agents, other leisure, restaurant and retail operators etc to deliver acquisitions that are aligned to the Property strategy.
- Proactively seek “off market” opportunities through own enquiries and direct approaches etc.
- Conducting negotiations for site acquisitions to agree best possible terms with planning and licensing and other appropriate authorities ensuring deadlines are met.
- Evaluating and presenting physical and financial site assessments to Senior Management for leadership inspections and approvals.
- Building and developing relationships with landlords, developers etc and the wider leisure, restaurant and retail property marketplace and promoting the companies requirements.
- Working closely with the Projects\Development Function to assist with end to end delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Managing budgets and minimising occupancy costs to ensure outstanding value.
- Advising on relevant trends and developments in the Property marketplace and reviewing competitor activity.
- Undertaking any other tasks, responsibilities or assignments upon request from the Property Director or Board.
The Candidate Profile:You are seeking to appoint candidates performing a similar role within a multisite restaurant\leisure or retail property business and they should have direct experience\accountability of a fast paced roll out environment.
Candidates are likely to have appropriate qualifications but others with relevant experience and expertise will also be considered.
The other key attributes sought are:-
- Excellent geographical knowledge of London and the South
- East and UK’s other major towns and cities.
- Strong commercial focus with the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships both externally and internally.
- Have a large and well established network of contacts with agents, developers, restaurant\leisure and retail operators etc.
- Must be tenacious with a high level of commitment and energy and able to uncover opportunities directly with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Must have good awareness of operational requirements, customer profile and branding etc.
- Experience of managing the entire acquisitions process from site finding, negotiation, purchase, legal and licensing processes etc.
- Must be capable of managing, organising and prioritising their own workload, be self-motivated competitive and work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills with the ability to close deals and work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Should be IT literate.
The Location:Field based with a requirement to attend the Head Office in London, for meetings and presentations etc.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, performance related bonus, mileage allowance, pension, life assurance, private health, discounts etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.