Head Of Pub Acquisitions
Assignment ID VV851
The Company:Our client is a well established and award winning pub business with an expanding estate of quality pubs throughout the UK.
The business has ambitious plans to further expand its estate and an outstanding Head of Pub Acquisitions is now being sought in this newly created role.
The Position:Reporting to the Group Property Director and working closely with the Managing Director you will lead and develop a team to acquire new sites for conversion; review the key elements of the existing strategy and identify key areas of opportunity ensuring that our client is ahead of the market.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Presenting new site opportunities to the Exec and Board – with well researched and commercially strong proposals.
- Having a good understanding of the brand format and be prepared to work closely with the pub leadership team to ensure that existing and new site criteria are fully explored and communicated to the market.
- Review the current UK target location strategy using existing CACI demographic data and market knowledge to identify priority hotspots for openings.
- Provide proactive and detailed reviews of both single site and larger pub groups leveraging market contacts and knowledge.
- Review and update the way in which the company employs property search agents including a success led fee basis, greater targeting of key sites and effective market search strategies.
- Provide structure and leadership throughout the acquisition process including periodic board reporting of pipeline progress and manage any opening programmes and cost risks.
- Work with the internal Head of Construction to ensure all cost due diligence work is completed pre and post acquisition.
- Work with external consultants (solicitors / planners etc) to provide commercial and timely acquisition advice throughout the process.
- Work with the commercial finance team to produce well thought through initial investment appraisals for potential sites through to detailed investment models for full company approval
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to be Graduate Chartered Surveyors or with at least 5-10 years plus experience of performing a similar role within a Pub Operator or a Pub/Leisure Consultancy environment.
The ideal Candidate:
- Will have a detailed knowledge of the Pub Operators and Agents across the UK.
- Have a well established and strong network of contacts throughout the Pub marketplace.
- Will have a demonstrable track record of leading successful Pub Acquisition Programmes.
- Will need to show a good understanding of the brand format and be prepared to work closely with the Pub Leadership Team to ensure existing and new site criteria are fully explored and communicated to the market.
- Should be equally comfortable in dealing with strategy and detail.
- Strong commercial focus with the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships both externally and internally and able to influence at a senior level.
- Must be tenacious with a high level of commitment and energy and able to uncover opportunities directly with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Experience of managing the entire acquisitions process from site finding, negotiation, purchase, legal and licensing processes etc.
- Must be capable of managing, organising and prioritising their own workload, be self-motivated, competitive and work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills with the ability to close deals and work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Should be self-motivated and target driven, with a hungry can-do attitude.
- Should be able to think creatively and problem solve.
- Able to manage, motivate and inspire both internal and external teams and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Have good IT skills.
- Have the ability to lead and positively influence at all levels, work collaboratively with others and fun to be around.
The Location:Field/Home based and will operate from the Head Office in London as required and occasionally from Chester.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Bonus of up to 20% + opportunity to earn additional substantial individual Site Acquisition Bonus Awards, Car Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance, Private Health Cover, Share Save Scheme, Holidays and Discounts etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all Candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.