Assignment ID VV815
The Company:Our client operates within the premium casual drinking and dining market in the UK and the group comprises two core formats.
The Company has in place a settled and proven management team charged with expanding the group and the intention is to continue opening suitable sites particularly in London and the South East.
An outstanding Project Manager is now being sought.
The Position:In this newly created role he/she will report to the Property Director.
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of both new and refurbishment projects for both of our clients formats through approved consultants ensuring that both of the brands integrity is maintained, budgets not exceeded and projects are built on time and to the requisite quality standards.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Effectively managing and motivating external consultants, contractors etc and ensuring the delivery of all projects within set targets.
- Preparing proposals on schemes with budget costings and programme etc for new restaurants and refurbishments etc.
- Value engineering proposed specifications to reduce costs without having to impact on either of the brands images.
- Regularly reporting on the status of all projects by visiting sites and resolving issues etc.
- Effectively motivating and managing external contractors and consultants and ensuring that the projects are delivered to set targets.
- Liaising closely with the Property Director, Operations and Finance teams internally and Contractors, Consultants, Equipment suppliers, Landlords and Local Authorities etc externally.
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are practised and statutory requirements are met.
- Minimising the closure of trading restaurants during capital works.
- Delivering all projects to agreed, programme, quality and cost parameters.
- Handing over projects on completion to Operations snag free.
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to be performing similar role with a multi-site restaurant/leisure/retail operator, or a restaurant, leisure or retail property consultancy.
The ideal Candidate:-
- Should have a technical/professional qualification.
- Is likely to have at least five years relevant experience of managing both new and refurbishment rollout projects.
- Must have commercial awareness with a strong cost focus.
- Must be self sufficient and able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team.
- Should be pragmatic with a can do attitude, well organised and be able to plan and prioritise their workload.
- Must be good communicators at all levels.
- Should be familiar with statutory legislation and Health & Safety requirements.
- Must have the ability to motivate, manage, and inspire contractors, consultants and suppliers etc.
- Must be able to deliver all projects to strict time, cost and quality parameters.
- Have good IT skills.
- Will be flexible to work the hours and travel where required.
The Location:The Project Manager will be field based and travel wherever required and also operate from the head office occasionally.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, bonus scheme, car/car allowance, health cover, pension, 50% discounts, share allowance in the future etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Remuneration Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.