Regional Maintenance & Facilities Managers
North & South
Assignment ID VV841
The Company:Our client is the largest Leisure Operator in its field, with a high quality Management Team, with significant acquisition and integration experience, a track record for delivering organic growth and high quality Customer Service.
The business has exciting plans for future investments and growth.
The Position:To enhance and develop their internal Repairs and Maintenance Support, they are seeking to appoint two Regional Maintenance and Facilities Managers to cover the North and South, in these newly created roles.
Reporting to the Head of Maintenance and Facilities, they will primarily be responsible for managing Maintenance and Facilities issues nationally and in their respective regions, and support the Operations Teams on related issues, ensuring that our clients “way of working” is maintained across all its locations.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
|What the job is all about||Measures of Success|
Ownership & Management of Key Maintenance/Trade impacting issues
- Ensuring all keys issues efficiently managed and communicated
- Ownership of system processes with reduced helpdesk service
- Non – trading periods
- Efficient resolution of all key issues
Co-ordination of Planned & Statutory Maintenance tasks
- Overseeing and implementing planned maintenance schedules
- Ensuring budget control
- Statutory Maintenance delivered at 95% +
- Delivered within budget
Adapting to the changing needs of the business
- Working at pace, to adapt to the changing requirements
- Versatility and Reaction to change
- Customer Experience Scores
- Coordinating review meetings
- Measuring contractor performance against Key KPI’s
- Working with the contractor base to identify areas for improvement & development
- Contractor Attendance and First Time Fix at 75% +
- Ensuring Value for Money in all quoted work
Operations Team Relationships
- Escalation contact for the Operations teams
- Attendance at operation and area meetings to review maintenance processes
- Working with the teams on specific maintenance issues to agree a practical solution
- Regular dialogue via calls/teams with Ops teams
- Feedback from GM/RD’s on support
Essential Site Visits
- Specific planned and when required visits to review best practice and maintenance issues
- Ensuring value is obtained on works over £5k
|- A knowledge and understanding of the Sites/Business and key trade impacting issues|
- Managing reactive maintenance budget
- Weekly reporting to central operations team on maintenance job numbers & spend
- Reviewing and approving quoted works up to an agreed cost value
- Maintenance revenue spend for the business delivered within budget
- Ensuring best value is obtained on all quoted/capex works
Project Management – Minor & Small 5k to 500k
- Specific ownership of maintenance projects within the business
- Managing timelines and budgets of the project
- Working with various stakeholders to communicate plans clearly
|- Specific projects delivered on time and within budget|
|Decisions I can influence||Decisions I can’t influence|
- Quote approvals
- Scope & spec of business critical maintenance work
- Implementing planned maintenance strategy
- Contribution to contractors used within the region
- Contribution towards overall maintenance strategy
- Discretionary spend system changes
- Contractor changes (in isolation)
The Candidate Profile:Our clients are seeking candidates that are likely to be performing a similar role within a multi-site hospitality, leisure or retail sector or leisure/retail FM service provider and must live in the respective region.
He/she should have a minimum of three years relevant experience in a similar role. Membership of BIFM or IOSH would be useful as would other technical qualifications.
The ideal Candidates should:
- have experience and understanding of maintenance and facilities issues in a commercial environment
- have previous experience of working with HVAC equipment
- have an understanding of facilities management systems
- be technically competent and commercially astute
- have good knowledge or understanding of Statutory, Health & Safety & Hygiene regulations etc.
- strong communication and organisational skills
- be flexible and adaptable to different and new approaches to working
- be able to work proactively with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- be able to multi-task and prioritise the key business issues
- have good IT skills – Excel and Outlook
- Owns it
- Embraces change
- Makes it happen
The Location:Field based with travel in their respective region and with a requirement to attend the Head Office once a month, or as requested.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, car allowance, bonus, pension, life assurance and 24 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package, reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a First Class Candidate.
It is our Policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.