Head Of Construction / Senior Project Manager - Greenfield Developments
Assignment ID VV853
The Company:Our client is an award winning and largest Leisure Operator in its field, with a high quality Management Team that has significant acquisition and integration experience, a track record for delivering organic growth and high quality Customer Service.
The business has exciting plans for future investments and growth and in addition to its leisure business; there is an extensive real estate portfolio with 3,500 acres of land in unrivalled locations throughout the UK. They are planning to invest over £100m in the business.
The Position:An outstanding Head of Construction / Senior Project Manager – Greenfield Developments is now being sought.
Reporting to the Estates & Development Director in this newly created role, you will predominantly be responsible for managing and delivering new Greenfield Development schemes throughout the UK from feasibility stage, planning and through to successful completion.
The projects will need to be completed:
- on budget
- on time
- to the agreed quality, delivering value for all stakeholders
- with a clear business objective
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with key stakeholders and preparing feasibility proposals with Design, Budget costings and programme etc for New Field/Park Developments at existing sites
- Value engineering Proposed Specifications and reducing costs without impacting on the overall Guest experience
- Managing the planning process dealing with Planning Consultants and Architects etc to secure planning
- Management of the Tender process, appropriate Forms of Contract etc ensuring that the business is getting the best value
- Management and motivation of Contractors, Architects, Planners and other Consultants, ensuring that our client have a reliable and trusted panel of professionals to partner with on an ongoing basis
- Regularly reviewing the performance of professional teams
- Visiting sites, resolving issues, working closely with local Development teams and reporting on the status of all projects
- Ensuring that all Statutory and Health & Safety requirements are strictly adhered to
- Minimising the impact to the sites during capital works
- Liaising closely with the Estates & Development Director, Property Director –Head of Acquisitions, Operations, Finance and site Development Teams internally and Contractors, Planners, Consultants, Local Authorities etc externally
- Successfully delivering all projects to agreed costs, time and programme parameters
- Handling over projects on completion to Operations snag free
The Person Specification:Candidates are likely to be performing a similar client side role within a Leisure, Hotel, Mixed Development or related Consultancy sector.
- are likely to have Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Building Surveying qualifications
- must have at least five years relevant experience of managing Greenfield Projects from inception to completion
- must have the ability to manage, motivate and inspire Contractors, Planners, Consultants etc
- should have the ability to deliver all projects to strict time, cost and quality parameters
- must have experience of managing planning consents as well as infrastructure, civils and utility elements in schemes
- must be self-sufficient with the ability to plan, prioritise and organise their own workload
- must be commercially aware with a strong cost focus
- must be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
- should be familiar with all Statutory and Health & Safety requirements
- must have excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- have good IT skills
The Location:Field based/Home Office based - to manage their own time and travel throughout the UK as required
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, Life Assurance, Discounts, Holidays etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.