Pub Acquisitions Manager (South)
Assignment ID VV851 (B)
The Company:Our client, is an award winning pub business operating an estate of pubs throughout the UK.
They have ambitious and exciting plans to further grow their estate throughout the UK and a Pub Acquisitions Manager is now being sought to acquire new sites for them in London and the South.
The Position:Reporting to the Group Property Director and working closely with the Pub Division MD, the Pub Acquisitions Manager (South) will primarily be responsible for supporting the acquisition of new sites for the Pubs Division in the South of the target area ensuring that the quality of new venues enhances profitability, business performance and drives the growth of the company.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Group Property Director, and other Property team members, including the Pubs Project Manager, Managing Director – Pubs Division, Finance, Various Agents, Lawyers, Developers, Planners etc.
- Evaluating and presenting sites to the Board for approval.
- Conducting negotiations for the site acquisitions to agree best possible terms and managing the entire process to lease signing/purchase.
- Legal negotiations with external Solicitors to ensure deadlines are met.
- Managing and motivating property agents.
- Building and developing relationships with the wider property market and promoting out client’s Pub requirements.
- Advising on relevant trends and developments in the property market and reviewing competitor activity.
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to be Graduate Chartered Surveyors with at least five years post qualification experience and performing a similar role within a pubs or licensed property consultancy environment.
The ideal Candidate:
- Should be self motivated and target driven, with a hungry, can-do attitude.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and be a proactive and enthusiastic team player.
- Have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Should have a high level of energy, tenacity, commitment and commercial acumen.
- A good understanding of the UK particularly London and the South, with a network of established contacts.
- Sound negotiation skills, financially astute coupled with experience of effectively managing property and legal processes.
- Should be IT literate
- Must be able to think creatively and problem solve.
The Location:Field based with a requirement to work from our client’s Head Offices in London, where appropriate and occasional nights spent away from home.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive Base Salary, bonus – up to 30%, car allowance, contributory pension, private health cover, permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service schemes, 25 days holiday and 33% discount on meals and drinks at Group restaurants etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.