Director - Business Planning EMEA
Assignment ID VV834
The Company:Our Client is one of the leading operators in its field with very exciting and ambitious plans to grow its network in (EMEA) Europe, Middle East & Africa through licensing partners and want to increase store openings up to 750 stores a year in both existing and new markets.
Sites will open in:-
- Drive Thru locations
- Retail, Leisure and Business Parks
- High Street and Shopping Centres
- Train Stations and Airports
- Hospitals and Universities
The Position:Reporting to the VP Store Development & Design – EMEA in this newly created business critical role, the Director of Business Planning – EMEA will primarily be responsible for contributing to our clients success by designing and managing the strategic thinking of the EMEA business, consulting with the leadership team, senior management as well as external Licensing Partners to define development opportunities, development strategies and development plans that will, in turn, drive growth, the business model and the organisation forward.
Other key responsibilities and duties will include:-
- Manage the ADOA (Area Development & Operations Agreement) process for existing stores and new openings.
- Contribute to creating the overall strategy for EMEA Store Development, working with the senior leadership team and other key leaders throughout the Company.
- Lead the business planning process for Store Development, working with the senior leadership team and other key leaders throughout the Company.
- Researching, recommending, and developing alternative business models for the business unit that challenge existing ways of doing business and align with overall company business strategies and financial objectives.
- Provide leadership for integrated market development strategy and ensure the Company’s best interests and brand are maximised.
- Participate in the creation, development and functional training of the market business model and real estate strategy for new business partners/markets.
- Plan and manage business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programmes are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement a process and methodology to ensure market entry and on-going development are aligned with business strategy.
- Collaborate with the store development management and other regional teams to plan and execute an integrated portfolio and business review to drive profit and revenue contribution.
- Serve as a principal point of contact for the senior business unit leadership team to ensure that planning and store development activities are integrated and aligned within the business and with overall company strategic planning.
- Drive engagement across regional function and influence at all levels of the organisation to achieve Company goals and regional business results.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results.
- Oversee training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and make effective staffing decisions.
- Budget responsibilities (indirect).
- Support the EMEA market.
- Act as internal consultant.
- Manage and execute special projects or assignments upon request from the VP Store Development & Design – EMEA.
- Manage Development and Operational Agreements with Licensing Partners including Contract Management and follow ups etc.
The Candidate Profile:Ideal candidates are likely to have a minimum of 7 years demonstrated and relevant work experience in retail/leisure, real estate and portfolio management with extensive knowledge and expertise in business planning and market development and international expansion within a similar and preferably international environment.
- Likely to have a Bachelors/Master level qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years of Strategic Planning and Financial Modelling experience.
- Progressive experience managing complexity and delivering results.
- Ability to influence at the highest levels of the organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic planning methodologies, retail real estate and market development.
- Significant knowledge of new store project management, including estimates, contract negotiation, Permitting and Review Board hearings, build-out and lease negotiation.
- Excellent cross-functional and cross-unit relationship building skills.
- Strong financial analysis and economic modelling skills.
- Must have strong commercial focus with the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships, both internally and externally.
- Must be tenacious with a high level of energy and commitment and able to thrive and excel in a work hard/play hard culture.
- Must have outstanding communication skills with the desire to succeed and able to cope with a pressurised workload with a positive “can do” attitude.
The Location:London W4 with travel once/twice a month to the EMEA region as required.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Position allowance (£7300) Leadership Bonus, Flexible Benefits, New Director Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s) Hire Promotional Equity Grant & RSU’s Annual Grant, Family Private Medical, Pension, Life Assurance x 3, Store Discounts & Free Coffee, Perks at Work Discount Platform & 25 days holiday & statutory bank holidays etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates.
We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.