FACILITIES MANAGER - London, Home Counties & South East.
Assignment ID VV828
The Company:Our Client is a leading independent casual dining group operating multiple brands and operates restaurant sites in a variety of locations including leisure parks, shopping centres, airports and high streets across the country from Aberdeen to Plymouth.
In addition, to their UK operations they are also selectively expanding internationally through Franchise partnerships.
A Facilities Manager is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Head of Facilities & Maintenance – he/she will be responsible for:-
Working closely with the external maintenance helpdesk provider:
- Liaising with the client’s account manager to ensure that SLAs are met and service standards are improved.
- Complete structured review meetings to encourage good performance and accurate reporting.
- Review open job status to control overdue works and improve speed of service.
- Work close with the procurement and supply chain teams to deliver best value and service.
Working closely with the internal operations team:
- Establish regular communication forums with OD’s & AM’s to capture feedback and changes required to deliver a high level of service.
- Point of Escalation for operations team on business critical and trade affecting issues.
- Conduct structured and regular service review meetings on site with Area Managers to make sure that their needs are understood.
- Present at Operations Manager team meetings to ensure that all service improvements have been received and understood.
- Develop Customer Training Aides and Users Guides for on-line distribution.
Contractor Management including:
- Monthly: review contractors KPI reports against set performance criteria and work with the contractor to address any service shortfalls.
- Regularly Benchmark contractors rates to ensure that we are getting value for money.
- Health & Safety: Ensuring contractors are following and adhering to current regulations and submitting relevant risk assessments and method statements as requested.
- Conduct site meetings as required to audit completed works and agree new specification.
Managing reactive maintenance budget:
- Monitor and report to the Head of Facilities - revenue and capital spend against budget.
- Review and approve quoted works within approval limits to ensure value and accurate costings.
- Liaise regularly with the Finance team to review spend trends.
Managing planned maintenance budget including:
- Ensuring statutory maintenance compliance across the business.
- Review Monthly spend versus Budget.
- Review and approve all remedial works which fall within authority limits.
- Ensure that all Local Authority non-compliances are managed through to compliance.
Working across multi-site locations with Landlords and Centre Management teams:
- Building and managing relationships with key contacts.
- Ensuring landlord and managing agent obligations are met.
Project Management: scoping and implementing Minor Project Schemes within the estate.
- Coordinating site meetings, contractors attendance, local authority and third party approvals and managing works through to completion.
There is a Support Co-ordinator in the Facilities team who is responsible for Planned Maintenance Administration.
The Candidate Profile:We are seeking candidates that are likely to be performing a similar role within a multi-site leisure, hospitality or retail sector or a leisure/retail FM provider.
He/She should have a minimum of three years relevant experience in a similar role and ideally be IOSH or similar qualified.
The ideal candidates should:-
- Be technically competent and commercially astute;
- Have good knowledge or understanding of statutory, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations etc;
- Be highly customer focused and be able to achieve and provide a high quality service to tight deadlines;
- Have good communication skills at all levels;
- Be able to work proactively with a strong desire for continuous improvement;
- Be flexible and versatile in their approach;
- Have good IT skills;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their workload.
The Location:Field based. The Facilities Manager is likely to spend one day a week at the head office in London.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Bonus, Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Private Health Cover, 25 days holiday, discounts etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.