Assignment ID VV826
The Company:Our Client is a leading Fast Casual restaurant group and iconic brand.
An outstanding Estates Director is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, in this business critical and pivotal role, the new Estates Director will primarily be responsible for delivering and executing our client’s store expansion plans and strategy across Retail, Destination, Airports and Stations and Concessions.
He\She will be a key member of the UK Management & Leadership team providing sound strategic property and commercial advice.
Other key accountabilities will include:-
- Identifying, negotiating and acquiring suitable new restaurant sites and taking these proposed sites through the acquisition, legal, planning and post exchange\completion phases.
The Estates Director must ensure that the quality of new sites enhances profitability, business performance and drives the growth of the Company.
- Working closely with Agents, Developers, Landlords, Shopping Centre and Airport operators etc to negotiate and deliver acquisitions aligned to the Property strategy.
- Conducting negotiations and appraising site acquisitions to agree best possible terms and incentives that meet budgeted growth rates and hurdle rates of return and manage the entire process through to lease signing.
- Evaluating and presenting financial and physical site assessments to the Board for approval.
- Managing legal negotiations with Solicitors and dealing with planning, licensing and other appropriate authorities ensuring deadlines are met.
- Developing a rigorous and tightly controlled approach to acquiring new sites and minimising ongoing property occupation costs through successful completion of rent reviews, lease renewals, rating appeals, challenging of service charges etc and supported by development of landlord relationships and leasehold risk management.
- Developing the strategy and tactics for rent reviews, lease renewals, rating, service charges etc in order to deliver to budget.
- Working closely with the Property Manager to ensure that the design and delivery of new and refurbished sites meets Operational Standards and the required Customer experience.
- Ensure with internal and external partners that all projects are delivered on time, to an acceptable standard and to budget. Where feasible through a process of value engineering achieve reductions in development costs without compromising on quality.
- Manage Capex to required budget levels.
- Liaise closely with key Stakeholders both internal and external providing regular updates and exceeding expectations.
- Ensure that the brand proposition is maintained and enhanced.
- Advise on relevant trends and developments in the casual dining\leisure sector including reviewing competitor activity etc.
- Undertake any other tasks, responsibilities or assignments upon request from the CEO or the private equity backers.
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to be Qualified Chartered Surveyors who have a track record of successfully acquiring sites within the Casual Dining\Restaurant\Leisure or Retail marketplace and operating at the leading edge.
The other key attributes sought are:-
- Excellent geographical knowledge of London and the South East and the UK’s other major towns and cities, Shopping Centre Schemes, Airports and other transport hubs.
- An established network of contacts within Agents, Developers, Landlords, Shopping Centre Operators, Airport & other Transport Operators plus other casual dining\retail companies etc.
- Must have excellent negotiation, influencing, communication and presentation skills with the ability to close deals and work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Should be highly self motivated, competitive, willing to get their hands dirty and achieve.
- Must have strong commercial focus with the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be tenacious with a high level of energy and commitment and an eye for detail.
- Have interest in Design and Construction with empathy for the branded Casual Dining\Restaurant Sector.
- Numerate and cost focussed and able to promote Property as a valued contributor to the business.
- Should be IT literate.
The Location:The Estates Director will operate from our Clients offices in London and travel where necessary.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, Bonus, Equity Scheme, Car Allowance, Pension, 5 weeks holiday, etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive Package reflecting our client’s determination to appoint a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.