GROUP ESTATES MANAGER
Assignment ID VV821
The Company:Our client is one of UK’s most respected and largest restaurant and leisure chains operating multiple brands.
The Brands are well recognised with distinct and leading market positions offering customers excellent value for money with wide appeal and their estate continues to expand.
An experienced Group Estates Manager is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Group Property Director, he\she will proactively manage the estate ensuring that our client has market leading assets within which to showcase its brands whilst exploring rent saving initiatives and achieving best outcomes on leases, rent reviews, service charges, licences and other agreements etc.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Ownership of a commercial and best in class property management service to its large estate.
- Managing landlord, agent and developer relationships to maximise the position of the business within the market.
- Drive negotiations of re-gears, rent review and lease renewals to maximise value and allow flexibility for the Group.
- Evaluate and challenge rates and service charges, aggressively to reduce / minimise these costs.
- Manage any site closures ensuring any exposure to dilapidations are minimised.
- Landlord consents for restaurant re-fits, extensions etc.
- Database management – current database is Excel based, inaccurate and hard to navigate. Implement an easy to use database that can be accessed and shared with all areas of the business, in particular finance.
- Reporting – Production of Board, KPI and action reports, largely driven from the database.
- Managing external agents and consultants to support the delivery of the estates management function including periodic tenders of their services to ensure our client is receiving best in class and best value.
- Managing sub-let estate of 40-50 properties.
- Working closely with both the internal Acquisitions and Project Management teams, with a strong link into Finance.
- Managing any other tasks assigned by the Group Property Director.
The Candidate Profile:The new Group Estates Manager is likely to be a Graduate Chartered Surveyor with relevant experience within a multi-site leisure or retail business.
- Be a self starter that has a can do attitude, with the ability to network with peers across the business. Someone who is comfortable talking to a restaurant GM and the CEO.
- Have in depth experience of the rent review process and ability to build a network with external agents and the wider market.
- Be experienced in building and managing databases, therefore an eye for detail!
- Be commercially astute to deliver the right outcome rather than be a slave to process.
- Be comfortable to work at pace and be challenged.
- Have a collaborative approach with the rest of the property team and the functions / business units.
- Be results / goal driven.
- Have commercial understanding of a leisure / retail business.
- Have well developed communication and presentation skills.
- Be results driven and technically competent.
- Be IT literate.
The Location:The Group Estates Manager is likely to spend up to half of their time in the Head Office in London.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, bonus (up to 25%), company car/car allowance, pension, life assurance, private health, discounts, 25 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.