HEAD OF EUROPEAN CONSTRUCTION & FACILITIES
Assignment ID VV820
The Company:Our client is a well renowned fast casual restaurant group with exciting plans to vastly expand its operations and footprint in Europe.
The Position:Reporting directly to the newly appointed Managing Director for Europe, the Head of European Construction and Facilities will be primarily responsible for the effective fit out and build of new sites; to successfully implement a Facilities Management service for the existing estate and to manage the team of Facilities Specialists in Europe. The Head of European Construction and Facilities will sit on the European Executive Team.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:-
- Managing and motivating contractors, suppliers and consultants to ensure that all work meets our client’s High Standards across Europe.
- Preparing project proposals with budget costings and timelines for approval for new restaurants and ongoing projects within existing sites.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are practised and statutory requirements are met.
- Liaising with Operations to ensure a smooth transition from restaurant construction to restaurant trading.
- Responsible for the capex for new restaurants and refurbs in existing sites.
- Driving the capex forecasting process with the Managing Director and the Finance Director.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and Property Consultants on the successful procurement of new sites.
- Liaising with counter parts in the United States to ensure that works carried out remain consistent with our client’s brand image.
- Managing a team of 3 Facilities Specialists across UK, France and Germany to ensure that reactive maintenance is successfully completed and preventative maintenance initiatives are alive and well in the restaurants.
- Creation and Development of an in-house maintenance system from issue logged to issue sign off complete.
- Overseeing invoice co-ordination and organization across Europe with a view to transparent spend and competent supplier payment practice.
- Providing the tools necessary to allow the Facilities Team to accomplish goals which are consistent with growing the business in Europe.
- Undertaking any other tasks, responsibilities or assignments upon request from the Managing Director – Europe.
The Candidate Profile:For this position we are seeking to appoint an experienced Construction & Facilities Management Professional ideally with a Hospitality\Restaurants\ Retail background.
Technical qualifications are preferred but are not essential and centralised kitchen experience would be an asset.
The ideal candidate:-
- Must have proven experience in multi-site roll out delivery – both new and refurbishment.
- Have exceptional planning and organisational skills and be a self-starter.
- Have the ability to communicate concisely and clearly both in written and spoken form.
- Have acute knowledge of design and construction processes and the ability to deliver to time, cost and quality parameters.
- Be able to initiate and manage change and drive value and efficiencies through new processes and systems etc.
- Have the ability to motivate their team to perform exceptional work in supporting the European estate of restaurants.
- Should be familiar with local legislation and statutory requirements.
- Must have a willing can do, curious and flexible attitude and someone who loves a challenge.
- Must be tenacious with a high level of commitment and energy and with a questioning style.
- Have strong commercial focus with the gravitas and ability to manage key relationships internally and externally.
- Should be highly service delivery orientated with a focus on the team in restaurants as well as guests.
- Should be IT literate.
- Should be pragmatic and practical and “not afraid to get their hands dirty.”
- Be flexible to work the desired hours and travel according to the business needs in the UK, France, Germany and other European Countries. The person will also travel occasionally to the USA.
The Location:Field based but able to operate from London. The Head of European Construction & Facilities will travel according to the business needs.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:An attractive base salary, bonus, stock option plan, car/travel allowance, private health and dental plan, pension etc.
The above are principal elements in a comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.