HEAD OF PROPERTY DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Assignment ID VV817
The Company:Our client is an award winning and leading casual dining restaurant operator in its field with ambitious plans to expand the estate both in the UK and internationally.
A Head of Property Design & Development is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Group Property Director and as a key member of the property team he/she will primarily be responsible for contributing positively to the success of our client by leading new restaurant developments and managing restaurant refurbishments across the entire estate in UK and Ireland.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Responsible for the selection, motivation & co-ordination of architects and store design team (external resource) to develop all restaurant designs for our client’s brands = 30 new stores + 30 refurbs.
- Review & sign off all proposed store designs to ensure delivery of required customer experience and acceptable operational layout.
- Responsible for creation of any design principles & design manuals as required by the business.
- Responsible for monitoring industry trends and changes to ensure that design principles and operational set-up retains a market-leading position
- Responsible for multi-million pound capex for new stores and refurb program.
- Work with external QS to manage all proposed capex to required budget levels.
- Drive capex forecasting process with Finance team.
- Manage the PO process to ensure the accurate & effective payment of all suppliers.
- Responsible for the selection, motivation & co-ordination of all external project managers, main contractors and secondary contractors (eg, electrical, mechanical contractors).
- Ensure through the external team, that all projects are delivered on time and to an acceptable standard.
- Co-ordinate the set up and completion of any works required due to condition surveys, fire risk assessments, asbestos surveys etc.
- Manage the utility companies to ensure any upgrade requirements are effectively handled.
- Liaise with Landlords, external and internal solicitors and agents as required to ensure smooth delivery of pre-fitting & enabling works.
- Co-ordinate with the Ops team to ensure smooth transition from fit-out to trading.
- Ensure collation and provision of all key property development paperwork and documentation to the Property admin team.
Property reporting & governance
- A lead member of the Client Site review meeting, co-ordinating and managing the annual pipeline of stores.
- Manage & distribute the pipeline tracker.
- Providing design, cost and capex reporting as required to the IRC and the Exco.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, both internal & external as required to ensure updates are provided on key functional developments, including; solicitors, planning consultants, operations team, building control, chef team etc.
The Candidate Profile:The Head of Property Design & Development will ideally have a relevant Degree/Technical qualification coupled with a proven and successful track record in leisure/licensed/retail property construction programme management design and multi-site roll out delivery..
- Be comfortable operating at a strategic level in a pacy environment;
- Be able to manage and initiate change and drive value and efficiencies, with new processes and systems etc;
- Be a self starter with excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Have well developed communication skills at all levels;
- Be technically and commercially astute with the ability to deliver all projects and schemes to time, cost and quality;
- Have good knowledge of budgeting and constructional costs including contract negotiations, estimates etc;
- Be able to motivate, develop and manage multi-disciplinary teams;
- Be able to work under pressure and deadlines and deliver results;
- Be familiar with all statutory legislation and health & safety requirements.
The Location:Field based, will travel extensively as and when required and also spend time occasionally at their offices.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:An attractive and competitive base salary, bonus, management equity plan, pension, discounts etc.
The above are principal elements in a comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.