LOCATION PLANNING MANAGER – PROPERTY
Assignment ID VV811
The Company:Our client is one of UK’s most respected and largest restaurant chains operating multiple brands.
The Brands are well recognised with distinct and leading market positions offering customers excellent value for money with wide appeal and the estate continues to grow aggressively throughout the UK.
An outstanding Location Planning Manager – Property is now being sought.
The Position:Reporting to the Deputy Property Director in this newly created role, the Location Planning Manager – Property will primarily be responsible for supporting location analysis and location strategy, ensuring that the quality of new restaurants enhance profitability, business performance and drives the growth of the company.
He/She will also support all our clients brands with site location analysis for new restaurants and research projects to understand capacity and viability of restaurants across the UK.
Other key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Ownership of GIS data (CACI system) and models that support location analysis.
- Location analysis for each new proposed location to assess feasibility and for use in Board reports.
- Lead research projects to analyse both the existing Estate and potential new markets.
- Produce presentations for property exec and Board use.
- Own and update town/cities market ranking – ensure relevant and up to date data is being used to compile this.
- Competitor analysis – track competitor locations and new openings.
- Track latest reports/systems related to GIS, town and City reports, demographics, footfall etc.
- Track and review effectiveness of GIS system (CACI) – our client’s key point of contact.
The Candidate Profile:Candidates are likely to have a Degree in Geography, Statistics or another relevant subject and will be performing a similar role with a leisure/retail business or a demographics/property consultancy.
The ideal candidate:-
- Must have experience of GIS tools and mapping software.
- Should have strong Microsoft Excel application knowledge including development and application of VBA.
- Should have good organisational skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects across differing stakeholders.
- Must have an innate passion and curiosity for understanding and investigating customer behaviour and how this can improve business performance.
- Should be customer focussed and understand the needs of internal and external customers respond promptly and ensure that the customer is at the forefront of their thinking.
- Should be an able communicator at all levels and communicate complex issues simply and clearly, share ideas and knowledge with others.
- Have the ability to manage, motivate and inspire consultants, contractors and suppliers to optimise their performance.
- Should be able to influence and challenge in a cross-functional environment.
- Must to commercially astute and aware.
- Must pay meticulous attention to detail and have a passion for excellence.
The Location:London. The Location Planning Manager - Property is likely to spend three quarters of their time on average in the Head Office.
The Salary & Supporting Benefits:Attractive base salary, bonus (up to 20%), company car/car allowance, pension, life assurance, private health, discounts, 25 days holiday etc.
The above are principal elements in an attractive and comprehensive package reflecting our client’s determination to fill this post with a first class candidate.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunities in recruitment and selection for all candidates. We have a responsibility to avoid unlawful discrimination.